Friday, September 11, 2009

The Sun Will Come Out

TOMORROW......Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow....I'm going to the Madison Quilt Expo!!

Tomorrow, Tomorrow, it's almost tomorrow, it's only a few minutes away!!

Giggle.

Pedometer Report - Day 1

I've got to say, I'm shocked at how much more accurate this model is than my previous one. The old one had to be perched just right in order to count accurately. This one has a clip for on your pants, but you can also wear it in your pocket or in your purse. I'll do the purse tomorrow at the quilt show. I get a kick out of the software. I mean, look at all the stuff it tells you:

steps

I guess to me the coolest thing is that it shows you during which hours you were most active. Of course it looks like I've done nothing since 7 but I took it off when I put my capris in the wash and put my pj pants on. I can't wait to get more days of data in!!

I was able to get another 10 blocks done for a total of 40/128. 88 to go. I can do this. The new plan is 10 a day.

IMG_1223

Once those were out of the way, I assembeled another three rows of my Pampered Pooch quilt. Only 3 more rows to go and then it's time for borders and backing assembly. I'd like to say this one can be folded up and considered finished by the end of the weekend. That is, unless I find something uber cool at the quilt show and just NEED to start it.

IMG_1222

We've been trying to come up with the next challenge over in the Prolific Online Quilters Yahoo Group. 1I came up with the idea of us doing a quilt block a day until the end of the year. I think it's a cool idea because it will be getting everyone doing a little sewing each day. There isn't going to be specific blocks you need to make; just make a block for one of your current projects. If you'd like to join us, the link to the group is on my blog sidebar. Like with Waun-A-Finish, this isn't a competition to see who can make the most blocks, just a challenge to keep everyone moving in the right direction. When we were tossing ideas around today I think we decided that you won't get more points for doing more blocks in a day, or for playing catch up if you miss a few days. Just ! point per day that you make one or more blocks. Beyond that, I have no idea when we'll get this started - it could begin any time really!!

Well, I think it's time for me to gather a few things together so that I'm not running around like a chicken with my head cut off in the morning. I've got to be up early to pick up my passengers for the quilt show!

4 comments:

Suzan said...

Jen - my pedometer is crappy. If it isn't sitting right over my hip it doesn't register anything. What brand did you purchase? Yours looks like something I might need to buy!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Have a great time today! And I love the challenge, too! Easy and should be fun to see what we all come up with!

Michelle said...

Have fun at the quilt show! I was going to go but my friend backed out and I decided raspberry picking might be a good option instead. Can't wait to read your post about it.

Moneik said...

The blocks look awesome. Slow and steady pace. The pedometer looks awesome. I might need to get one.