Sunday, September 27, 2009

Thank God for Warranties

My husband stepped on my laptop. I really don't need to say anything more do I?


IMG_1385

IMG_1382

That purple gunk? That's on the inside of the screen...it's really concentrated in the lower right hand corner.

IMG_1388




Makmood the Online Dell Computer chat guy whose accent showed in his typing has said that an empty box will be here in 3-4 days. Once it arrives at Dell, they will fix it or replace it in 7-10 business days. At which time it will head home.

Not only is the monitor screwed and jumping, certain letters will only work if you hit the shift key. I thought plugging in an external keyboard would work but it turns out the issues that the letters are having isn't so much a keyboard problem as it is an internal issue.

For the love of (&@*^&*#&)(&*@()*#$(@*# I hope between our two external hard drives I'll be able to back up my entire system before it goes buh bye.

Do I even need to mention that this is THE SECOND LAPTOP MY HUSBAND HAS MURDERED IN THE PAST 9 YEARS? The first one met an untimely death when it wasn't able to hold up against a spilled bottle of Sprecher Rootbeer.

To my credit, I stayed really calm this time around. I didn't yell, scream or even swear. I guess he gets to live.


Added: Yes, it was on the floor. It is always on the floor on my side of the couch. Never has been a problem before.


100 Blocks in 100 days challenge. Currently 93/100

9 comments:

~Kim~ said...

Oh wow, that totally sucks!! How did he step on it - I mean, was it on the floor?

Patchwork Penguin said...

I guess my question is.... why was it under his feet?

Jennifer said...

Oh, man, that purple goo is gross. Hope that you get it (or more likely, its replacement) back soon!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm glad he gets to live, because I hear they don't allow rotary cutters in jail! Stay calm....breath in...breath out! Now....isn't that better? No? Ok...just kick him in the shins! Hang in there!

Quiltluver said...

He's done it twice now? What happens when he gets three strikes? That screen looks awful. Good thing it didn't leak out onto a quilt. Now that would be a tragedy!

Julie-Ann said...

Men can really be klutzes. However, I've been known to do dumb stuff like that, too, especially of there is a can of paint around!

Michelle said...

Good luck! I can't imagine what I'd do if I lost our computer (although I don't have a laptop... right now).

Moneik said...

Hope you get it back soon.

Piwacket said...

Eww, yuck!