Monday, September 21, 2009

Woo Hoo!!!

I took my Babylock QCP in today for a tune-up. I finally had a chance to get out to Frank's. It will be nice to get it back and get a quilt loaded on the frame and not have to worry about tension issues.

Afterwards, I stepped away from the Hexi's long enough to make 30 of the Athena's Puzzle Blocks. Only 19 more to go and I can start assembling the top.

IMG_1360

I decided to work on something for myself for the rest of the evening. I pulled out one of my unfinished projects - Halloween Bats. With Halloween just around the corner it was time to get them done considering they weren't done in time for last Halloween.

IMG_1361

All that's left to do now is attach them together with strings so they can hang in the window of my studio. I'm not sure if I also want them to hang in the living room window since both are in the front of the house. If I do that I'll need to pick up some more timtex and fusible web.

I pulled a black spool of Star Brand thread out of my stash to do the satin stitch on the edges. It's been a while since I've used that thread; I felt like I was sewing with rope. I've learned quite a bit about thread in the last few years. I can't believe how long I pieced with that thread. It's just so darn thick!!


100 Blocks in 100 days challenge. Currently 84/100

4 comments:

Julie-Ann said...

How big is the Athena's Puzzle quilt. It seems like you have been making the blocks forever! It is beautiful.

Moneik said...

The bats turned out super cute! What a fun halloween decoration. Isn't it funny what we've learned in the last few years since we met? I'm sure we've learned lots from each other, but thread is definately one thing I have learned a lot about. I love aurifil now! I think I have 10 spools. I finally picked up the tan color you use. I took my 6600 in and am having the tension set to aurifil this time.

Cindy said...

Those bats are so cute Holly's little girl friends are going to love them in the windows.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

The bats are adorable!! I can't believe that you have already almost hit 100. Are you going to raise your goal to 150? I am looking forward to the time that things slow down a bit so that I can go back and learn about the threads and things too and find the one that I can't live with out.