Saturday, October 17, 2009

"A bird is a bird"

I've had a few ladies point out that the birds that I was calling pigeons are actually seagulls. Ok, yeah, my bad. I wasn't really paying attention. However, in my defense, (and this is sure to make you laugh even harder) I've gone through life with the saying, A bird's a bird.

When I was a kid, we had a parakeet named Feathers. I hated that thing. It always wanted to sing when I was watching cartoons. I'd throw the cover over it just to make it be quiet.

My dad was always infatuated with Birds of Prey. We had to visit those exhibits at zoos and such. Those birds scare the crap out of me to this day.

When I was in 4th grade we went to Florida. My mom was excited for me to see pelicans.

Mom: Jen look at the Pelicans.
Jen: So what, we have those at home.
Mom: No we don't. These are cool.
Jen: They're birds. A bird's a bird.
Mom: These aren't "just" birds.
Jen: A bird's a bird. It's no big deal mom.

Happy Sweetest day!! I got flowers from my sweetie. I'd take a picture but I'm feeling unmotivated to bring out my camera. I'm heading over to my Mom's in a few minutes.





2 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Sweetest Day to you too and I really had a great time with you and Holly tonight.

Moneik said...

What a fun day with your mom. We are so lucky to have wonderful moms to enjoy our hobby with.