Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gobble Gobble Log Cabin

Last Friday was Mary's Moonlight Madness at the shop. I took along my Gobble Gobble Moda Layer Cake and some additional yardage to cut up and get started on. So, there we're sitting, I've got the first 3 pieces attached and I start arranging my pieces and for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to put a log cabin block together. I mean, I've made about 20 log cabin quilts in my lifetime and here for the life of me I couldn't figure it out and all because I was doing 2 colors instead of a separate color for the very center. I think Athena's Puzzle has addled my brain!! It's really the same block, just assembled in a different fashion.

IMG_2031

I've been sewing up a storm and finished the 80 log cabin blocks yesterday. Then I figured out what size the center turkey panel had to be and bordered it up. I cut out some additional squares out of the lower half of the panel and bordered those. I played with the layout and noticed that I was going to need another 2 log cabin blocks. Whipped those up as well. By the time I went to lay out the quilt...I just didn't fee l like doing it anymore. I mean it was like 11:30pm so I guess I was allowed to give up for the night. As I was stacking things up, I realized I still had one little block that had a log on wrong. Guess I'll be switching that up tonight before I lay it out.

IMG_2032

I also went over to Rodney's last night to help him and his sister Becky get rolling on their quilt frame. Lots of laughs and they'll be pro's in no time! We went to City Market for dinner and I was introduced to this fabulous secret sauce for potatoes. Wow...we've got to figure that stuff out!!



3 comments:

swooze said...

That is gonna look great. Clever girl!

Moneik said...

It looks like you are well on your way! I absolutely love it. I need to get mine out and get started. I have a charm pack and some yardage, so I'll have to figure out what I'm going to do. I figured I might be able to get a wall hanging and a tablerunner out of it if I'm careful.

Cindy said...

Holly is going to love this one.