Saturday, October 17, 2009

It's been quite a week!

I figured it was time for a real update. I still haven't sent my laptop in. I said I'd do it last Monday and I didn't. I'm hoping for this coming Monday. Had I done it when it happened, I'd probably have it back by now.

I've been working on my 1/4" Hexagons quite a bit lately. Now I've started a new project with 1" Hexagons starting with a Moda Glace jelly roll. I'm going to try to pound a few hundred out between now and Thanksgiving because we'll be using the project as a demo at the shop.

Tonight we all gathered at Maureen's house to sew. There were 9 of us - Maureen, Sherry, my Mom, Jen V, Linda, Beryl, Melissa and Sue. We've dubbed our group the "Piece and Moan" club and Linda's decided that we need pink sweatshirts with a logo. I can't help but laugh.

I got quite a bit done. I got the Jelly Roll cut out, I started sewing rows together for my Cafe Bistro In & Out quilt. There's 15 rows of 11 blocks each. I had put numbered stickers on them last night so I was able to just keep on sewing instead of running back and forth to check my layout. It won't be long now and that top will be together. I also got my Gobble Gobble Log Cabin quilt laid out and stickered. By the end of the weekend I could possibly have 3-4 quilts ready for quilting. That would be amazing and quite a few projects crossed off my UFO list. Slowly but surely the list is becoming smaller.

While heading home from Maureen's we stopped to pick up my mom's car at PW so we took Elm Grove Road home. Some idiot decided to line up pumpkins across both lanes of Elm Grove Road. Since I didn't know what they were right away I swerved pretty hard to go around them because I didn't even realize they were pumpkins until I was going past them. They looked like larger rocks. Maybe I'm old...but I just don't find stuff like that funny. I mean it's a dark, not very lit road.


2 comments:

Cindy said...

It's a good thing that road is only 25 mph. I saw them when you braked and thought they were rocks too. It sure was fun last night and I look forward to many more.

Moneik said...

Your night of sewing with friends sounds awesome. You are so lucky to have friends to enjoy quilting with and have lots of laughs with.