Saturday, October 31, 2009

Quilts on Barns - #25 Star

I was a little disappointed by our 25th stop located at W9217 County Road A in Delavan, WI 53115. I wasn't disappointed by the farm or the block but by the location of the quilt block. We had to drive deep into their Hobby farm. We weren't even sure we were at the correct farm at first. You couldn't see the block from the road. The only way to get a good look at it was to walk clear across their back yard...which of course I did. I guess through this whole Barn Tour I've gone with the idea that they put a quilt block on their barn, they know that they're going to have some random visitors but it still feels a bit like we're trespassing. I wonder if eventually they will post something to the Barn websites regarding viewing etiquette because I'm really curious with how the farms view their visitors.

IMG_2081

IMG_2083 IMG_2084

IMG_2082

2 comments:

Moneik said...

I love the colors in this one. It almost blends in with the barn.

kimbuktu said...

Hi, I just found your blog. What a fun tour of the barn quilts. I will have to go back and read more.