Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Quilts on Barns - #8 Lady of the Lake

The 8th barn on our journey had the Lady of the Lake quilt block. It is located at 1330 Borgardt in Sturtevant, WI.


IMG_1534
IMG_1532 IMG_1533 IMG_1535 IMG_1536 IMG_1537 IMG_1538 IMG_1539 IMG_1540 IMG_1541 IMG_1542 IMG_1543 IMG_1568 IMG_1569 IMG_1570 IMG_1571 IMG_1572 IMG_1573 IMG_1574 IMG_1856 IMG_1857


When Jen and I made the second trip to see the Lady of the Lake barn there were TONS of pigeons in the neighboring parking lot. Jen said she'd pay me $10 to go run through them and I said with my luck I'd probably get shit on, so I passed. Then I said, "Why don't we go drive through the lot to watch them scatter?" Noooo, she didn't want them shitting on her car. Sigh.

IMG_1858

You can read about the history of the Lady of the Lake quilt block, HERE.



4 comments:

Cindy said...

You chicken. I wonder how they decided what is going to be on which barn?

Chris said...

This is my first visit to your blog and I can see I'll be back. But I gotta tell you, those aren't pigeons, they are seagulls! Still, a very funny story! :)

momtofatdogs said...

I wish i could go on a tour like that!

Oh - i don't think those are pigeons.....I think they are seagulls. You may not be anywhere near a huge lake or an ocean - but I'm pretty sure they are seagulls. If there is a landfill or transfer station (for solid waste/trash) the seagulls are going to be there.

I have worked in the "waste industry" for over 20 years - Tennessee is landlocked - no ocean anywhere - and we get seagulls at the landfill......Nasty scavenger birds, they are. And when the landfill is closed & the trash is covered (required by the state permit) the seagulls hang out where ever there is people - where there are people there is trash - parking lots at Wal Mart - parks - amusement parks.

We even had an "endangered" seagull bunch, once, at a Landfill in Alabama. North Alabama....nowhere near an ocean.....

Sam in Middle TN

kt said...

I was going to make a comment about the seagulls, too... but I feel as though the point's already been made. ;) as an east coaster, we have our fair share of "pigeons". :)