Friday, November 6, 2009

10!! My Holly Girl turned 10!

Yesterday was a big day in our household...Holly turned 10!  The one people food that she gets to partake in is pancakes.  She gets beyond excited about pancakes.  Mike made her a special Micky Mouse one and decided she needed a smiley face out of redi-whip.

IMG_2628

Hindsight is 20/20.  We should have cut the pancake up before setting it down because she tried to eat the whole head at once.  Oh well, her birthday only comes once a year!

Her birthday celebration must have been exhausting because she was giving me the "I need sleepy" eyes not too long afterwards.

IMG_2636

Sure, she got to sleep...I headed to the sewing room and cranked out 3 of the 6" blocks that I've been working on. The first one, I'm really excited about because I drafted it from scratch and then subdivided it enough times until it could be easily paper pieced. I nailed it too...and then I thought the center seam could be a little closer so I ripped...and subsequently made it worse. I'll be making a new one. One of the issues was I used paper straight from the printer instead of switching to a lighter weight newsprint paper.

IMG_2641

IMG_2642


The third one will be much more relaxed once I remove the paper. Again, I need to remember to switch to the newsprint when I print the templates.

IMG_2644



4 comments:

Karen said...

Happy Birthday Holly...and many, many more!

Moneik said...

Happy Birthday Holly! Love the Mickey Pancake. Your blocks are looking great. I really need to get back to my sewing room.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You are such great parents to Holly! She's one lucky girl! Way to go on the blocks...looking great!

fabricartist21 said...

I found you on another blog and decided to check out your blog, great blocks. Do you like to paper piece?? I am having a monthly giveaway on my blog go in and check it out and sign up for some fun.