Thursday, November 19, 2009

Piecing, EPP and Binding

Over the last few days I've spent quite a bit of time doing binding, English Paper Piecing and making some 6" blocks.  I finished binding my Gobble Gobble quilt, but I need to have Mike snap a picture of the quilt so I can post it - I keep forgetting.  Now I'll be starting on the binding for Mike's Golf Irish Chain.

Since the binding and English Paper Piecing don't exactly make for exciting pictures so it's blocks that you get to see! Some of the pictures aren't exactly the greatest but I didn't feel like hauling my tripod out at 1AM just to snap a few pictures without a flash.

IMG_2891 IMG_2892 IMG_2893 IMG_2894 IMG_2895 IMG_2898 IMG_2899 IMG_2901 IMG_2902 IMG_2905

It's interesting working on these teeny tiny blocks.  It's a whole different world of assembly when you go to put some of these different pieces together.  What is only about one thread off, looks to be much greater when you look at the finished block.

2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love 'em! I see those tiny one inchers we talked about! Gotta love 'em....don't you want to make a whole quilt outta those, yet? "snicker, snicker" I'm going to be starting an ocean waves soon....all YOUR fault too! Great talkin' to ya, too, btw! Later.....

Moneik said...

Love your blocks! They rock! I need to get started on mine too.