Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Quilts on Barns - #29 Tree of Life

The hands down coolest spot we stopped at during the Barn Quilt journey was at the Tree of Life Barn Quilt located at the Apple Barn Orchard and Winery - W6384 Sugar Creek Road in Elkhorn, WI 53121.

IMG_2112

We saw quite a few quilted items in their gift shop from many of the Nancy Halvorson books that Mom and I own. It gave us lots of ideas of things to make. And then...we got to test wine. YUM! I had just finished chatting with my friend Regina about her crazy day at work so mom and I decided we had to have a taster of wine in honor of her. They even had this funny sign that said:

IMG_2111


I bought a really yummy bottle of Honey Crisp Apple Harvest Wine. That's saying a lot considering I'm not a big wine drinker. I'm dying to pop that baby open!

IMG_2105

IMG_2106 IMG_2107 IMG_2108 IMG_2109




\

5 comments:

taylorsoutback said...

Enjoying your ongoing journey of barns with quilts! Have visited the Apple Barn with a dear friend of mine who lives in Elkhorn...isn't that a fun place.
Enjoy your honeycrisp wine too.
Pat in Northern Wisconsin
(watching big snowflakes this morning)

Julie-Ann said...

Oh, my gosh! I love, love the Tree of Life block!

Sounds like a fun place to visit.

Moneik said...

Bet you are enjoying the wine! Just don't spill on any more quilt backings.

Libby said...

That sky, with the red building and the Tree of Life block+=STUNNING! Thanks for sharing

Libby said...
This comment has been removed by the author.