Monday, November 9, 2009

Sometimes a little Cre8tivity goes a long way...

For the longest time I've been trying to come up with a large scale design wall for my Quilt Studio.  Nothing seems to be the perfect option.  Today I had a burst of cre8tivity and within an hour my mini Design Wall was mounted.

I knew I had a few sheets of foam core board in the basement from back when I was matting and framing pictures.  Sigh...I really need to get back to that hobby too.  I have lots of cool pictures that I could mat and frame to hang around the house.  Anyway, I was wondering why I couldn't just hang a piece of foam core with Command Strips the same way I hung my thread holders.  I knew I was out of spray adhesive but I did have a chunk of cheap white flannel left over.  I ran out to Michael's and bought a can of spray adhesive and a package of the Command Picture Hanging Strips.

IMG_2653

Next it was a stop at Office Max to pick up a few packages of photo sleeves and a binder.  When did binders become so expensive??  I mean it's JUST a binder.  Just a standard three ring binder.  My last stop was Target to pick up some miscellaneous  itsms and a roll of masking tape.

I came home, I sprayed my foam core board with adhesive, smoothed out my white flannel, wrapped it around back and masking taped the raw edges.  I put on a few of the picture hanging strips and stuck it to my closet door.  Now it can be taken down if I wish.  I have a few more pieces of foam core board,  so I may make a few additional ones.

The rest of the afternoon I spent making 6" blocks.

IMG_2655
IMG_2658
IMG_2659
IMG_2660v
IMG_2663

Here's my cute little design wall:

IMG_2675

8 comments:

Suzan said...

Very clever...I may steal your idea!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Your blocks look great! Still wanna know when you sleep?

Trish said...

I like it! I may steal that idea, too!

Winona said...

That is really cool. I love your blocks too. I always enjoy seeing what you are working on. I also love it when you post pictures of Holly. She is a beautiful dog. Winona

piecesofpatti said...

What a great idea! The blocks look great too!

Moneik said...

Awesome idea! I didn't think about basting it to the foam. I just fold my flannel over and staple it to the foam core board. I need to finish the OBW so I can get it back up where it belongs.

Staci said...

I love this! It's SO going in my office.

Staci said...

I love this! It's SO going in my office.