Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Today was the Day!!

When I got to work this morning I saw that my Ocean Waves quilt was on the frame and Diane was working her magic.  Then it seems I became a stalker.  Every chance I had to run something down stairs, I went for it so I could see it progress.  Man, it looks AWESOME!! The texture is just amazing.

IMG_2595
IMG_2597
IMG_2617
IMG_2625

While barn hopping on Sunday we managed to hit 40 of the 69 quilts on barns in Green County.  We'll have to make a trip back sometime soon.  I'm obsessed with taking pictures of all of them and Jen is obsessed with tracking them down and crossing them off the list.

Our last stop of the afternoon was in Belleville at Patches and Petals.  What a cool shop.  I just loved how they had their quilts draped over the upstairs railings.

IMG_2592
IMG_2594

What can I say, I'm a sucker for tone on tone fabrics, especially with a quilting motif. I had to own small cuts of these:


IMG_2603

I worked on my English Paper Piecing while Jen drove.

IMG_2605

Over the last few days I've put the binding on my Gobble Gobble quilt and started sewing it down.  I LOVE stripes that are already on the bias!!

IMG_2616

I also made two 54-40 or Fight blocks. One is 6" and the other is 12".

IMG_2607 IMG_2608

6 comments:

Jayne said...

Your Ocean Waves quilt is gorgeous. Isn't it exciting to see it finally being finished?? Nice job!

Kelly's Kwips said...

Jen, I love the barn pictures! That would be so much fun to drive around to find them. I joined the barn group but wasn't sure how to find if there are barns in Missouri. I sure haven't seen any of them around here.

Kelly's Kwips said...

Jen, I love the barn pictures! That would be so much fun to drive around to find them. I joined the barn group but wasn't sure how to find if there are barns in Missouri. I sure haven't seen any of them around here.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Awesome quilt! I wish you hadn't shown those fabrics though....cause I love them way too much! Oh man! I can see some of them in my future....

Karen said...

That ocean waves quilt is awesome. The colors are so vibrant and clear. Love it!

Moneik said...

Your Ocean Waves quilt is looking awesome. I'm sure you're excited for it to be finished. The fabric is awesome and I can't wait to see what you make out of it. I need to finish quilting my gobble gobble so i can put the binding on it. Love the strip look. Your blocks turned out great.