Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Authentic Tote Bags

I forgot to post about these three tote bags that I made over the weekend.  They were made from a one yard cut of 54" wide cotton canvas designed by Sweetwater for Moda.  The fabric line is called Authentic.

For this project I cut out all 6 squares, matched them to partners and then sewed into a basic shopping tote.  I didn't use batting.  Just 3 yards of cotton webbing per tote and 1-1/2 yards of a tan cotton for lining.

Here's what the fabric started out as:

Picture1

I turned it into these:

IMG_3341 IMG_3342 IMG_3343


3 comments:

Moneik said...

These look awesome! We never had that fabric, but I think it's cool. I haven't made a bag in so long, it's like I'm bag deprived now... in the New Year I'll get back to making them.

Cindy said...

Those turned out so neat I know I need to make some for gifts.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love 'em! I hadn't seen that fabric anywhere but it's cool!