Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Hexagoning along

I've been working the last few days on my hexagons. Way above the four a day I need to have this completed by Valentines Day.  Pretty exciting stuff.  That leaves more time for me to cre8te my background.




We finally got around to going to look at Christmas lights.  Year after year we visit Candy Cane Lane which takes in donations for the MACC Fund.  We were a bit surprised that even though they were supposed to be open through last night, over 3/4 of the homes had their decorations out but not lit.

Here is an old time favorite of mine.  I'm not even sure why.  Maybe because it's so comical?  Maybe because I can't fathom where they store this dinosaur ever year?

IMG_3691

I fed my snowflake addiction...and held the shutter open a wee bit too long.

IMG_3692

I've decided to name this home "Christmas Massacre."  There's just waaaaaaaayyyy too much going on.  BUT, some of their paintings do include Nightmare Before Christmas characters so maybe that IS what they're going for afterall??

IMG_3694

Moving out of Candy Cane Lane and into Morgan Oaks, I leave you with my two favorite holiday houses.

IMG_3697

IMG_3699


-Jen

5 comments:

quiltcrazygal said...

Thanks for sharing the lights:) Very pretty! Your Hexagons are looking good can't wait to see the finished product. Happy 2010! Jenna Louise

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love it all! Those hexs are cool! Too small for me though. I just can't wrap my mind around it. Oh...and you look naked without your background! Ha! Happy New Year, My Friend...let's knock the socks off 2010!

Barb said...

So what are the hexigons gonna be? I'm thinking maybe a heart? I've played with a few but so far have only made a little flower with a peace sign in the middle. Gonna play with that some more for the youngest. Not sure what it'll end up being. Happy New Year

Moneik said...

Loving how the hexi's are turning out. You're way ahead to be done by V-day. I need to get my kit out and make the v-day tablerunner up that I bought at the quilt show.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Your are coming along quickly with those hexagons. I love the first house in Morgan Oaks.. it has a classic look to it