Saturday, December 5, 2009

Impromptu "W Night"

After work today Jen & Chelsy came over to sew.  Last year when the three of us worked together on Wednesday nights, we'd get together on Thursday nights to sew.  We started calling it W Night and the name has stuck ever since.

None of us were very motivated in the beginning so we sat around munching on cookies that Chelsy brought over and laughing at Jen's and My giant Coke Zero & Diet Coke bottles.  I swear, these 50 ounce bottles are a trip.  Once we got in the groove, Chelsy worked on a toy for Tucker and a quilt for her parents, Jen worked on a quilt for her friends daughter and I started putzing with my Braided Starburst.  I got bored very quickly with that so I moved onto some 6" blocks.

IMG_3359 IMG_3363 IMG_3365

As if our giant bottles of soda weren't enough, Jen and Chelsy made a run out to Speedway to get us Slushies.  I guess the guy behind the counter was laughing at Jen because she was marveling at all of the different things they carry.  What can I say, we're both typically "pay at the pump" people and not go in and browse at the Gas Station...it doesn't take much to amuse us!!

Once Jen left, I printed out more foundations for my 6" blocks and rotary cutting charts.  I'll be ready to rock and roll on Sunday.  I hope to get a lot of blocks made this weekend!!

2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I'm just jealous! I wanna just hang out with you crazy women! Grrrrrr......glad you all had fun without me though.....
Blocks look great!

Moneik said...

Sounds like you all had a blast. I'm sure it was tons of fun. I love days like that.