Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Princess and the Pea

Let me tell you a tale about a big goofy dog named Holly who loves to lay on her mama's quilts.  No, wait - let me just show you!  I snuck up on her and she stirred ever so briefly.

IMG_3374

Then I waited for her to put her head back down...

IMG_3379

She's perched on THREE folded up quilts! What a goofy girl!

Today Regina came over to quilt her Christmas Tree skirt.  She was a bit nervous and although it came out looking great, she was headed home to have a drink!

IMG00203


Mom also came over and she was making watch bands...and I noticed that my Watch Band tutorial that I had quickly written up last weekend was missing some important things...like how wide the watch band was supposed to be cut.  So, once I fix that I'll post the tutorial to my blog.

I worked on a few more 6" blocks.

IMG_3367 IMG_3369 IMG_3371 IMG_3372

Here's my favorite one so far. County Fair - a 6" finished block with EIGHTY-ONE pieces in it!!

IMG_3366


4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Holly looks quite happy perched there! She's a happy dog! Love the blocks. 81 pieces? Are you nuts? LOL!

CatQuilter said...

You're fortunate Holly's too big to get on your quilting frame. That's where I usually find my cat. He'll lay on anything that I'm working on, but ignores the small quilt I made especially for him.

Holly knows a good thing when she sees it!
Hugs,
Cathy

Julie-Ann said...

My Gracie does the same thing! They know our quilts and snuggly and comfy, I guess!

82 pieces! 6" block? Yikes!

Moneik said...

Missy loves laying on the quilts too. Your 6" blocks turned out awesome. I can't wait to make some of them in the new year. You should have given Regina a drink while she was quilting and it would have gone much better! It's stressful quilting in the beginning.