Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Quilting up a storm

Over the past week I've been quilting up a storm and we had 2 wonderful Thanksgiving dinners - on Thursday and Sunday.

I've been going to town on my Braided Starburst.  By Thursday night I had all of the half square triangles sewn and cut apart.  By Friday night I had all of the dog ears trimmed and papers torn off.  The rest of the weekend I worked on assembling the rows for the first half of the quilt.  It's really been exciting watching it come together.

IMG_3332

On Saturday at the shop I did some product demos. One of them was the 60 degree table runner. It's one of those patterns that I knew how to do it, I just had yet to cut up the three border prints that have been hanging out in my stash for the past year. On Sunday night I cut all three prints up. I got 2 table runners and 4 placemats out of the Holly fabric, 3 table runners out of the "Build a Snowman" fabric and 2 table runners out of the Kim Schaefer print. I've gotten 4 placemats and three table runners quilted so far. I've been able to use the thin strips of batting scraps that I've been collecting. By the time I'm done with this project I think my bin will be empty.

IMG_3336
IMG_3338
IMG_3340

Now I just need to choose some binding and get it attached so I can start stitching it down...and added to my growing pile of "to be bound" projects!!




8 comments:

Rhonda said...

I need your energy....great job!

Cindy said...

Those turned out so neat it makes me wish I had some border fabric in my stash.

Moneik said...

Wow! That's all I can say. I love how the braided star is turning out. The colors make it! Your tablerunners and placemats are great. I love the 60 degrees ruler and all that can be done with the border print. I remember making the small one for you last year out of the snowman border print. Only I used a fat quarter and that was a challenge!

CatQuilter said...

Way to go, girl! Your quilting, as always, is outstanding and very imaginative.

The braided star is going to be spectacular and I can't wait to see it all finished.

Glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
Hugs,
Cathy

Suzan said...

I am glad you posted a close up of the snowman table runner. When I saw the first photo I couldn't figure out what I was looking at! Love the placemats!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love it! That braided star is gonna be awesome! This is why you are my mentor! Giggles!

Fabric Mom said...

I love the snowmen runner. Very cute. Great quilting too.

Julie-Ann said...

All great projects, Jen! I plan to quilt my little heart out all weekend.