Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Tree Skirt in Progress!!

Last night Holly and I went to my Mom's while Mike watched football.  While we were there Jen stopped by to pick up a notebook wrap that I had made for her mom out of a new Kaffe Fasset print that I knew Diane would love.  I still have one to go for her sister but as a Thank You, Jen gave me an Aster Manor Charm Pack and Honey Bun.  I was so shocked!  She didn't have to do that!!

IMG_3645

IMG_3646

IMG_3686

A few days before Christmas, Mom had mentioned that she really liked the Figgy Pudding line of fabric and would really like a new tree skirt.  Tonight we got the fabrics laid out just the way she liked them and next thing I knew I had figured out my strip sizes, cut the strips, sewed the strip sets and cut one of the strip sets into wedges.  Before I knew it, I had a 1/3 of the tree skirt put together.

IMG_3665

IMG_3666

Of course, I can't visit Mom's without shoving my camera in Maggie's face.  She should be happy I'm not snapping away with the flash....just getting up in her craw using super macro.  Giggle.  Poor Kid!

IMG_3669

IMG_3675

IMG_3680



P.S.  The Tree Skirt pattern is called "Treasured Tree Skirt" and it is by Linda Marcou.  The 9 degree wedge ruler by Marilyn Doheny is used with it.

11 comments:

Julie-Ann said...

Beautiful fabrics! The tree skirt is so pretty.

Maggie is adorable!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That's a great tree skirt! Maggie is just so cute....she looks so sweet and innocent!

Moneik said...

Love the notebook cover! What an unexpected surprise with the fabrics, but that's the best kind of gift, the gift of unexpected fabric. So glad you found the fabrics from figgy pudding. Love the tree skirt and I'm sure your mom will too.

Pokey said...

The wedged tree skirt is incredible, good job! Gotta have pictures of the sweet puppy. Maggie is very cute!

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Very nice tree skirt.. and your addition to moms family is so adorable

Robin (rsislandcrafts) said...

Puppy love :)

Your tree skirt is coming along beautifully! My head hurts just thinking about figuring out the math lol

Chris said...

The tree skirt is beautiful. Love the pup too!

BUMBLE BEANS said...

Love the covered notebeook. nice job!
The tree skirt is looking good. but hat dog, oh my goodness,, adorbale. ;-)

CatQuilter said...

I just wanna squeeze that little Maggie. She is adorable! The tree skirt is lovely. I have a jelly roll and two charm packs of that fabric line - just itching for the "right" project.

Happy New Years to you, Mike, Peony the House Elf, Maggie and Holly!

Nancy-Rose said...

Awww...what a pretty puppy!

carol said...

Love your tree skirt! Can't wait to see it done......I also found something else you might like:

http://townofneversink.org/barn_quilt_flyer.pdf

Check it out!