Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Turned off the TV

And I got quite a few blocks made yesterday.  I finished listening to the 2nd Sookie Stackhouse book and started in on the third. I'm not that enthralled with the books or what I've seen of the True Blood series. Overall, I've found that I get much more sewn when I listen to audio books or music than I do when I have the TV on.

IMG_3403 IMG_3407 IMG_3406 IMG_3404 IMG_3405 IMG_3408 IMG_3409 IMG_3410


I think I'll re-make the tree using triangle paper instead of paper piecing the strips. The HST's are only a thread or two off but since it's a small 6" block they appear to be off by 1/4 inch. That's ok, I'm learning as I go.

I wanted to go shoot some pictures of barns today but I'm having a hard time getting some of their addresses to come up.  I keep bouncing between the AAA website, Google Maps and my GPS.  There just seems to be some county roads that just don't show up anywhere.  It's frustrating.  Maybe I'll be able to map enough of them to make a trip next weekend.  There's probably another 90 currently installed in Wisconsin that I haven't seen yet.  I'd like to be up to date on seeing them all before they start the new installations in spring.

I called Dell today to renew the RMA for my laptop.  I just keep putting off sending it in.  I was in a chat with these people for over an hour and was so frustrated by the time I was done.  It's no wonder why I haven't sent it in yet.  I just have a bad feeling about this.

1 comment:

Moneik said...

The blocks are looking great! I think your tree looks fine, but I'm sure you're seeing more in person.