After that, I decided it was high time to finish up my paper pieced Christmas ornaments. The pictures are a tad fuzzy but I had to use Mike's old digital camera because I forgot where I put mine. Although Mom turned them for me, I still need to do a little extra poking and prodding and then iron them so that it doesn't look like their points are all cut off.
Here's the whole set. Aren't they just adorable??
While I was waiting for Maureen to get her back pieced for a quilt of hers to put on the frame I decided to quick quilt this mini table topper that's been hanging out with my Christmas Fabrics for quite some time. It's supposed to have another round of stuff on it and it just didn't thrill me so it got quilted just the way it was. It's another small project that I can carry around to sew down the binding.
I have a pattern for a smaller carpenter's wheels that I will make up for our pillow shams. I'd like to have the wall hanging, pillow shams and curtains finished and in place by the end of next weekend. Finishing this project is very long over due!!
All in all it was a productive day. It was also a great end to our Waun-a-quilt challenge. Jill and I ended with the same amount of points in our "Tweaked" version of the competition. She's way ahead of me in our original version.
Watch in the next couple days for the February version of Waun-a-quilt. We've refined some of the point values and hopefully made it a little easier. The bottom line is, there can't be points or bonuses for everything. Some aspects of quilting are just another task that needs to be done; not necssarily something we can put a point value on. Either way, at the end of the day, it's just meant to get everyone quilting more often and wanting to quilt!!