Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Block of the Week - Block #2 – Square in a Square – Racine County

Jen Buettner – Cre8tive Quilter

Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns - Block of the Week

Block #2 – Square in a Square – Racine County

clip_image002 clip_image004
Your block will finish to 6”. This means that it will physically measure 6-1/2” X 6-1/2” before it is sewn to other blocks.

Cutting Instructions & Piecing Locations for 6” Paper Pieced Block:


(2) 4-1/2” Squares – Black – Sub-cut clip_image006 - A7, A10, A12 & A13
(1) 4-3/4” Square – Yellow - Sub-cut clip_image008 – A5, A6, A9 & A11
(2) 2-1/2” Squares – Red – Sub-cut clip_image006[1] – A1, A3, A4 & A8
(1) 3” Square – Purple – A2

Click HERE to print a clean Square in a Square Instruction Sheet
Click HERE to download and print the Square in a Square Foundation Pattern


**You will want to Download the file and then print the .pdf file.  When you print, make sure that scaling is turned off enabling the document to print at 100%.  Take a moment to measure.  The outer dashed line should measure 6-1/2".  If you print directly from the Google Docs screen you might come out with a slightly smaller sized block.**


Please click to add your link once you've finished your block.  I'd love to see it!!

2 comments:

Moneik said...

I really am going to do these! I printed out the pattern today, just can't do it tonight as I have class. I did pull a bunch of fabrics to use in it.

Lilla Marilla said...

This ruined my plans for the day while I had lots of fun. I have just finished #1 and will start with the next. Thank you!