Sunday, January 24, 2010

Football?

I think we all know that I just don't enjoy watching football.  I hung out in my quilt studio and got cre8tive.

I finished up the coil wrapped notion tote.  I even wrapped my webbing handles. It's pretty wonky in shape but I really don't care.  Every time I pick it up it seems to morph into another shape.  The handles which look like they're off center were actually measured out before I decided where to place them.  It's perfect for what I want to use it for.

IMG_3820

IMG_3821

Next up I worked on a cover for my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler Binder.  This quilt is going to be a three year program so I figured if my binder was going to go back and forth to the shop on an almost daily basis I had to take action.  I decided to add handles to it so that I can just throw it over my shoulder instead of it taking up space in my various tote bags.  Now, I just need to finish doing the binding.

IMG_3822IMG_3823

Lastly I started working on a notebook wrap for Katie.  I just have a few more strips to add to my foundation before I start quilting it and cutting it up into usable chunks.

IMG_3825

After about 5 years of searching for her my best friend from Grade School & Middle School finally popped up on Facebook.  I couldn't believe it.  I friended her right away and we were able to chat for a while and made tentative plans to get together next weekend.  I'm beyond excited.  We have each moved a few times, changed phone numbers, etc.  Turns out she's been looking for me too!!  I had expanded my search the other night to the Facebook page for the High School she attended and just started clicking on people that I knew from my old neighborhood.  Sure enough, there she was as a friend to my old neighborhood pal Pat.  It was exciting to re-connect with both of them.  Pat and I used to play Atari together.  I couldn't even begin to tell you how many hours we spent playing Frogger, Donkey Kong and Pac Man.  I'm pretty sure we wore out quite a few game controllers.  We went to different schools and lost touch which is pretty sad considering we maybe lived 15 houses from each other.  Missy and I endured the awful Sister Yvonne together in 4th Grade and our friendship grew from there.  Apparently my Dad used to bank at a bank she worked at years back.  Of course, he never passed the information on to me.  Lots of years lost for no reason. =(  Now, if only I could find Sandy, my friend who lived kitty corner from me across the ally.  I can't find any of her family members online.

All in all, it was a pretty good day in the life of ME!



5 comments:

Marie said...

What fabric did you use on your bridal sampler tote?

Moneik said...

I absolutely love your binder cover. I would make one, but I don't know for what, so I'll just admire yours. The handles on it turned out awesome. So excited that you found your friend. I'm still trying to find my friend Grets who I went to college with. I'm friends with her sister so every couple months I check, but still no connection. I'm sure you'll enjoy catching up with your friend.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Looks like you had a perfect weekend! I love love love that fabric you used for the binder cover. Love it! Very cre8tive!

Christa said...

I love, love, love the binder cover. Did you come up with the design yourself? Amazing.

Vicki W said...

How cool to find your friend! Great projects too!