Saturday, January 23, 2010

Operation Migration - Roberta Williams

Roberta Williams is an Extraordinary local art quilter.  She teaches a new class, "Hop To It!" by Edyta Sitar of Laundry Basket Quilts.



Last years' quilt was Roberta's own pattern, "The Heidi Birds."



I think Roberta is amazing!  Of course today she gave me a link to check out -  Operation Migration.  On their 1/20 post titled, "And the Winner is" Roberta's art quilt was auctioned off and went for $5000!  How exciting is that? That is HUGE!  Of course, it's beautiful.  Here's the picture she made it from:



Here's the beautiful quilt:





Years ago, before I met her, I marveled at this award winning quilt:




I didn't make the connection until today that it was made by Roberta.  That Roberta...is she amazing or what?  Make sure you visit her website,  http://www.robertawilliamsdesigns.com/  it's worth the click!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I just wanted to let you know that I really enjoy your blog a lot, and will be back to visit. Thank you for such pretty items to ponder about. You do such nice wowrk my dear.

Moneik said...

Wow, those are beautiful quilts. You have such amazing talent near you.