Friday, January 15, 2010

PARTY!

Tonight our little group of quilters met at Vogues house for our Christmas gift exchange and my birthday.  At the very last minute I was able to finish the quilt I'd been working on for Vogues.  Seriously...last minute.  Like I finished sewing on the label as my mom called saying she was out front to pick me up.  But, I needed a picture and Mike got a phone call from a contractor so I had to wait till he was off the phone to snap it.

IMG_3796

While I was working on this quilt and wondering what I was going to do with it, Vogues kept joking and saying, "You should give it to me."  Well, I did.  Tee hee.  The funny part is that her and I had each other  AND Linda and Sue each had each other.  Considering there was only 8 of us in our swap that's pretty funny.

I'm pretty excited about my goodies...

IMG_3797

Woot!  I'm excited about the Wizard of Oz and I haven't seen the Sound of Music in about 20 years.  We've been talking a lot about both of these movies.  The thread...OMG the thread.  Oh crap!  Maureen made me a pair of snowflake earrings but I know they're not going to photograph well.    Back to the thread.  It's an entire "Frosted Donut" of prewound Superior Masterpiece Bobbins that Maureen said will always give me the perfect color on hand for my English Paper Piecing.  Seriously, how cool is that?  I've got to show a close up...

IMG_3798

After we snacked on the yummy treats that everyone brought we settled in to play a game of Quiltopoly.  You don't get far when you play Monopoly with a large group.  I just kept landing wrong so I really didn't get the chance to own anything.  By the time we quit I only had two properties and rarely collected rent.

All in all it was a fun day.  Now it's time to sleep because tomorrow it's Moda University and it will be a super busy day.

8 comments:

Lilla Marilla said...

Happy birthday! Your quilt is very nice and I think you will love the Wizard of Oz.

Rhonda said...

Great quilt. I love the colors and the randomness of it!

Lori said...

I love the quilt! The author of The Wizard of Oz lived here in NY Chittenago (?sp)

We take our bassets every summer for the parade. It is a fun time.

piecesofpatti said...

Love the quilt Jen.......great loot too!

piecesofpatti said...

Oh yeah! Happy Birthday!

Treasa said...

I love the colors in the quilt. Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Julie-Ann said...

Happy birthday, Jen!

Sound of Music is one of my all time favorites and I watch it every year when it is on TV.

Great quilt. I also love the colors of the threads.

Moneik said...

What an awesome idea to give the quilt to Jen! I know she will truly treasure all the work you put into the quilt. You received some wonderful gifts as well. All those MP bobbins! Such an awesome gift. I love getting together with quilty friends.