I feel as if everything I did to get this Pick Farm block made went wrong. I had my four segments together and then I went to assemble the sections. I couldn't get my machine to advance, I ended up stretching out one of my pieces. The paper came off. It was just all downhill from there.
Here's my nice pucker-ey block:
I unscrewed my needle plate and cleaned it out. Hmmm, that wasn't too bad. I decided to change my needle even though I knew it was changed not very long ago. I doubt it even had 2 hours sewing on it. We noticed that my regular needle plate was on, so I switched to the single hole plate. While I was at it, I changed my 28mm and 60mm rotary blades. I printed the block on vellum instead of the newsprint that I've been using.
After a second try, a great looking block:
When in doubt, change things up. Check your needle plate, check your needle, clean out your bobbin race. Start fresh. Sometimes it makes a world of difference!!