Tuesday, January 26, 2010

SBS & Barn Blocks

I spent a good chunk of time typing up my class notes for my Sylvia’s Bridal Sampler Club tonight.  I have three of my four blocks written up.  It’s funny that even though there’s a book that everyone will be working out of, I find that there’s a lot of information to share about each block. 

On the Sylvia's Bridal Sampler BOW site this weeks block is Love in a Mist:

Bright hopes

I look forward to putting this block together this week, BUT I won’t be throwing it into the program at the shop quite yet.  I think it’s a little too early to be throwing all these Y-seams at my ladies.  One block with Y-seams is more than enough for February!  I don’t want people dropping out just because we started off with difficult blocks.  I switched to the Bright Hopes block for the group….Bright Hopes as we start this sampler, that we all make it to then end!

IMG_3827
Yesterday I put together my Spinning Spools block since it is Week 4’s Barn Block.

IMG_3828
When I started working on this block, I hadn’t given much thought about how the top, bottom and middle sections were going to piece together.  I mean, I knew what had to be done, but I didn’t think of the angles.  Here’s an example – for this block you’ll need to place the longer rectangles at a 45 degree angle to the triangle.  Sounds confusing but is pretty simple once you go to do it.  Here’s a picture for you to reference:

IMG_3826

No comments: