Tuesday, January 19, 2010

SBS Block & Valentine's Table Runner

I just finished this weeks block.  D-5, Square and Star. I drew it up in EQ before I made it because I figured it would be a little easier to put together.  It turned out so nice!

IMG_3809

I also worked on my Valentine's Day Table Runner.  It still isn't turning out how I'd like it to but it's looking better than it looked last night.  I'll still should have just gone with my gut and done it my way.

IMG_3808
IMG_3806

I don't know, once I finish quilting it, I may still toss a binding on it just so it looks more finished.  It's just a bummer to work so hard on something...especially hand piecing and have it turn out crappy.

I took my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler book to Office Depot to have the spine cut off.  I was surprised that they didn't charge anything.  I wanted to get it three hole punched BUT she said theirs wasn't the greatest.  I opted to put my pages in page protectors.  It looks SO nice!!  It will now withstand the 3 years of abuse that I plan on putting the book through.

5 comments:

Moneik said...

Your SBS block looks great. They are coming together nicely. I'm not sure what I would do with the tablerunner, but I love how you are quilting it. I was just looking online today to see what fabric I want for the top, back and binding of mine.

CatQuilter said...

What a great idea of re-binding the book! I use the Nickel Quilt books so much I should do that too!

The colours in the SBS block are wonderful. Good job! That quilt's a huge project and I admire you for even starting it. Look forward to viewing your progress.

Dawn N. said...

I love that table runner!!

Rhonda said...

Your EQ block looks great and that tablerunner is spectacular!!!!!

Kristy James said...

I love the hexagon table runner! I'm just learning to english paper piece. You mentioned doing something different with it, what was your plan? I do like the quilting. I can't wait to see the finished iteme