Friday, January 1, 2010

Starting off 2010 right!

Today Julie H & I went to Vogues house to quilt.  I was pretty darn productive considering I ended up getting there a few hours later than I originally anticipated.

I finished the top of the Tree Skirt I'm making for my mom.

IMG_3708

I got 8 of the 16 blocks that I need assembled for my Braided Starburst.

IMG_3717

I intended to continue working on the Braided Starburst but my Babylock Audrey wasn't getting the same 1/4 seam that my Janome had gotten on the first set of rows so I moved onto a different project.  That project however is still in the car and it's -3 here so I don't see me running outside just for that!!

Julie was able to finish her polar bear quilt top.  It's so adorable.

IMG_3712

Vogues worked on quite a few different projects.  She was at the finishing stage in a lot of them but her machine was having issues so she worked on a little of this and a little of that.  Towards the end of the night she was working on a flannel Yellow Brick Road quilt.  I was sort of feeling left out with all of the flannel that was around me!!

Hope everyone started the year off right with some quilting time!!



P.S.  The Tree Skirt pattern is called "Treasured Tree Skirt" and it is by Linda Marcou.  The 9 degree wedge ruler by Marilyn Doheny is used with it.

8 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love the tree skirt! That's awesome fabric...but I'm on a stash busting mission. No buying for me for a long while. Glad we both got to start the new year off with a sew-a-thon! I'm so on a mission to be more productive! It's already 7 degrees here...we're having a heat wave! ha! I have to unload all the stuff outta my car but it's in the garage that's heated....wooohoooo!

Patchwork Penguin said...

I love the tree skirt. What pattern/book/designer did you use? I'm sure it takes a special template. Do tell!! :o)

nancy

piecesofpatti said...

Love the tree skirt! I had a great New Year's sew day! I am on a finish mission.......Hope to have a lot of finishes to show for it soon!

Robin (rsislandcrafts) said...

The tree skirt came out great! I'm sure your Mom is going to thrilled with it.

I love the fabrics you chose for your braided Starburst. The black sets off the pinks nicely.

Brrrr...too cold there for me.

materialjunkie said...

Love the tree skirt. Any chance you will be posting the measurements used?

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Your tree skirt looks great! I'm sure your mom will love it. Can't wait to see what your finished star burst looks like.

Vivian said...

Loved the tree skirt.

Tell Julie the Polar Bear Quilt looks great. I have a bunch of snowflake material to use in some quilts but haven't decided yet what kind to make.

bort said...

Love the tree skirt for your mom! Could you post the measurements/pattern...I am planning to make one for my sister (and need to leave myself lots of time!!) Thanks. You are very talented and I love reading your blog