Tuesday, January 12, 2010

That's Typical...for ME

In typical Jen fashion I was quilting a quilt tonight on the frame and ran out of thread.  I found a substitute but decided to call it a night.  I can finish it off tomorrow night.  Of course it was my favorite spool of thread so I'll need to order a replacement.

IMG_3756 IMG_3757

After that, I moved into my Quilt Studio to work on this weeks Sylvia's Bridal Sampler block - C5 Lady of the Lake.  You typically see this block done in blue and white BUT since the challenge fat quarter this month will be the green print I had to get cre8tive.  I went with Green & Yellow.  I love how quick this block goes together.

Jen Buettner C-5 Lady of the Lake

Speaking of quick and easy...tomorrow's Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns Block will be another easy one.  I figured I'd ease you all into my crazy paper piecing world little by little.  I don't want to scare anyone off!!  =)

OOOOOO and I just realized that as of today the Quilt Retreat that I'm going to in April is under 100 days away!  I'm so excited!!

2 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yippeeeee....less than 100 days! wooohooo! I can barely stand the wait. Love that block. Those fabrics rock and I can't believe how much I'm loving green lately.

Moneik said...

Your block rocks! Even for me who doesn't like green, I can say it looks good. I can't believe it's less than 100 day till retreat! I hate when I run out of thread, but it's usually on Sat. night or Sun. and I have to wait till Monday to get more.