Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Bag, A Jelly Roll, A Spider Bite and Happiness

Tonight I finished up the new Pinafore Bag by Me & My Sister Designs. using their newest fabric line called Spring Fever


IMG_4165

I also dug through my stash to cut some 2-1/2” strips for a quilt I’m looking to make for a friend of mine.  Tomorrow I just need to grab some orange batiks and I can start sewing.  (Can I just say that the color Orange is more outside of my comfort zone than Kaffe Fasset Fabrics??)  I’m going to be making a pattern called Keyholes which is in Anka’s Treasures book “On A Roll Again.”  It calls for a jelly roll but I decided to just cut my own from my stash.  I think it’s going to turn out great.

IMG_4171 
Earlier this week I went to Urgent Care for a spider bite that occurred 2 weeks ago.  I am now on gigantic antibiotics that I need to take 3 times a day for the next 10 days. Am secretly freaking out hoping like heck that I'm not allergic to them. There's very few antibiotics I can take and I've never been on this particular one. When you start to think your spider bite could possibly be a blood clot it's definitely time to go see an MD. It took less time to drive to the Urgent Care, fill out the paper work, wait and see the MD, have dinner, fill the script and drive home than it took for us to figure out where in bloody heck we could go see someone that was covered under our current crazy health insurance situation. All I've got to say is it's a good thing we've only needed to refill prescriptions in the past few months because anything more than that requires major hoop jumping. April 1st can't come soon enough - we'll finally be on Mike's health insurance...where we can actually go see our normal doctors.

IMG_4177 And finally, happiness…  Back in December I told my husband that the only thing I wanted for my Birthday was to get my wedding ring re-sized.  Well, life got in the way and I first got around to dropping it off at the jeweler last week.  It was surprisingly a lot less expensive than I anticipated..so double happiness!  I picked it up tonight and it gave me such joy to have it back on my hand…it’s been about 3 years since I’ve worn it.  =(


AND…I’m just about caught up on my Olympics watching.  I think I sped through three nights worth of  coverage in just a few hours tonight while I sewed.

5 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Glad you went and had the spider bite looked at. Those can be really serious! Love that bag and fabric. Great pattern and fabric for the quilt, too. I'm liking orange more and more all the time. Your ring looks great, too!

CatQuilter said...

The bag and fabric are great - you always do fantastic work! I know what kind of happiness you're experiencing with the ring. When I can't wear mine, I almost feel "naked".

Julie-Ann said...

I am so allergic to spider bites and go to the doctor within hours if I get one (which isn't very often, thank goodness!). And, there is a whole list of antibiotics that I am allergic to, also! I carry a list of meds I can't take in my purse just to make sure I list them all in case of an emergency. What a pain!

Love the tote. Very girly.

Glad you are wearing your rings again. They are beautiful.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Wow Sorry to hear about the spider bite. Take care of your self. The fabric and the bag look great and your ring is very nice

Moneik said...

I can see what you're saying about the bag. The fabric is cute in a springy way. So glad you were able to get your ring re-sized. I'm sure it means a lot to you, as I know mine does.