Thursday, February 11, 2010

Birthday Selvedges

YI started off last night making a selvedges notebook for Susie's birthday today. I thought I'd take a ton of pictures to do a tutorial...and then I forgot to continue taking pictures when the outside was complete so the tutorial will still be coming one of these days.





I also had the opportunity yesterday to visit the Wilson Park Senior Center. All I can say is WOW!!!! That is one heck of a cool place to hang out. They have entire rooms dedicated to stained glass, wood shop, weaving looms, quilting, billiard tables, a Wii, work out rooms, library, lunches and card playing. If you are local and you are of age to go hang out there don't walk but RUN because you're really missing out on a lot of fun activity!




5 comments:

kimbuktu said...

Very cute selvage wallet!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Oh wow I love it!

Bev said...

Awww....I LOVE this! I wish you would do the tutorial soon! I never thought of using selvages to make a wallet. If you sold those on Etsy, I'd buy one! Please think about doing that tutorial! Cheery wave from Bev

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Selveges always look so happy! Love it! And...you're too young to be hangin' at the Senior Center. I, on the other hand, have an old husband, so I can use ours! Ha!

Moneik said...

The selvage book cover looks great. You always find a way to make them look wonderful. I have a whole stash of them, just haven't made anything out of them yet.