Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Block of the Week – Block #5 – Churn Dash – Racine County

Jen Buettner – Cre8tive Quilter

Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns - Block of the Week

Block #5 – Churn Dash – Racine County

clip_image002 clip_image004
Your block will finish to 6”. This means that it will physically measure 6-1/2” X 6-1/2” before it is sewn to other blocks.

Cutting Instructions & Piecing Locations for 6” Paper Pieced Block:


(1) 3” Square – Orange – A3

(2) 3” X 2” Rectangles – Red – A1 & A5

(2) 3” X 2” Rectangles – Yellow – B1 & C1

(4) 3” X 2” Rectangles – Black – A2, A4, B2, & C2
(2) 3-1/4” Squares – Black Sub-cut clip_image006 - B3, B5, C3 & C5
(2) 3-1/4” Squares – Purple Sub-cut clip_image007 - B4, B6, C4 & C6

Click HERE to print a clean Churn Dash Instruction Sheet.
Click HERE to download and print the Churn Dash Foundation Pattern.

**You will want to Download the file and then print the .pdf file.  When you print, make sure that scaling is turned off enabling the document to print at 100%.  Take a moment to measure.  Any of the dashed vertical lines should measure 6-1/2".  If you print directly from the Google Docs screen you might come out with a slightly smaller sized block.**


Don't forget to come back and post the link to your blocks so I can see them.  I LOVE to see them!!  Don't have a blog or don't have time to post?  Just email me a picture and I'll get it uploaded. 



3 comments:

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

Jen
I just stopped by I posted today about the Wisconsin BOW. I'm going to print the weekly blocks and then when I have a months worth will do them all and post all at the same time. Thanks for the fun project.
Regena

Laura Krasinski said...

I love this churn dash block.. I have always wanted to try and make one.. or two... or maybe even 20 if I get the hang of it.. Ha11

Moneik said...

I love churn dashes, probably one of my favorite blocks.