Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I have about 37 different things going on right now...

IMG_3867

So I decided it was a good time to start a baby quilt.  My goal for this one was to have everything come from my stash.  Hence, using colors that I normally would be scared to put together.  I drew it up first in EQ and I've gotta say that I almost gave up.  It seemed like it was just going to be too crazy of a color concept.  See what I mean?

IMG_3865 IMG_3866

This is forcing me to do it and since all the colors are in the fabric I think it's going to come out ok.  Do you sense that I'm trying to convince myself?  Because I am.

IMG_3869

I'm making two of these...twin quilts.  One will have the pink chain, the other will have the red chain.  I may make their bindings opposite too but other than that they'll be identical.  Hmmmm, I wonder who I know is having twins?  We'll see if she's into blog reading now that she's home on bed rest!!

I just finished putting the inside of the first quilt top together.  I found two green fat quarters that match the green elephants and I think I'll use that as an inner border before the border print.  So I don't have to miter the corners, I'll use corner stones.  Just not sure what color yet.

IMG_3871

Whew...I feel a bit relieved.  I'm liking it a lot better now than when I first started!!!


7 comments:

Carol VR said...

I gotta admit it looked a bit wonky in EQ but looks fantastic for how it's turned out.

Great job!

Moneik said...

I'm loving it! The colors actually look really good together. I knew it would work!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

It's adorable. I thought all colors went with all colors? LOL! I think it's a great quilt. Stepping outside that box? You'll be doing scrappy one day, too! NOT!

Cindy said...

So far so good and she's going to love them.

Barb said...

Oh....now I love those colors together....

Winona said...

I think it is turning out very pretty. Winona

Julie-Ann said...

I think it is great. Little kids (and big kids) love bright, happy colors. Great idea!

Stepping outside of the box or your comfort zone is always good. A child will have a lot of fun tracing the different patterns, colors and prints. Who know where an elephant ride may lead?