Monday, February 22, 2010

It's still pretty orange...

I spent a few hours today assembling the Keyholes Quilt.  It seemed no matter how I arranged and re-arranged it just wasn't going to come out perfectly so in the end I just went for it.  Obviously the issue was because I used anywhere from 3-4 strips of each fabric.  The pattern is written up for one strip of each fabric.

I'm not as scared of the orange it now that it's put together.  But, I wonder what color thread I should use to quilt it?  I have an orange/purple backing fabric and I was planning on using that same fabric as binding but now I'm leaning towards the blue/aqua wavy stripe fabric for binding.  I guess I'll make that call once it's quilted.

IMG_4201

I also drafted 11 of the Barn Quilt Blocks today.  I still have 2 to go but they're a bit on the confusing side so it might be a few weeks!





5 comments:

Angela M. said...

I like the way this quilt turned out. I know you hate the orange, but your friend will love it. Do you have a varigated thread in those colors?? That might be nice.

Cindy said...

I think the qauilt turned out great just not sure either what color to quilt it with. I also love the barn blocks and can't wait to try some new ones, hint hint

Beth said...

Jen, I think that quilt is so busy, that any thread you can find that will blend in would work! No need to do anything fancy...its all gonna fade into that lovely orange anyway!

Moneik said...

I think a great orange verigated would look great, but I also know there is a deep teal/purple verigated king tut that I bet would look awesome on it. I love how it turned out, even with all the orange. You did an awesome job of doing all the blocks for the barn quilt.

Michelle said...

This quilt is fabulous - I'm sure your friend will like it. As for thread color, I think you could go with any of the main colors of the top, but I know I've seen some really great variegated threads in that range which seem like they would be ideal. Good luck!