Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Maggie Mae

Does anyone else find it funny that my Mom's puppy is named Maggie Mae and Me and My Sister Designs has a quilt pattern named Maggie Mae.  A pattern that my Mom made in fall?  I just got it quilted for her last night.  I did an overall Loop De Loop with big floppy daisies in yellow variegated thread.  It's such a bright fun quilt!

IMG_4157

On another note, we've always spelled Mae as Mae instead of May because it's my Grandma's middle name.

Mom and Maggie came by last night to pick up the quilt.  Now, all she has to do is slap the binding on!



4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love it and the quilting is fantastic. The binding is machine sewn on and now I'm starting the stitching down of the binding on the back. Once it's done I'm posting it's lovely picture. OK I just happen to love the name Maggie Mae.

Alycia said...

I love that quilt!! Great colors. And Maggie Mae will love it ;-)

Beth said...

Love that quilt, and when I was preggers for the last time back in 2003, if it were a girl, we picked out Maggie Mae.

Moneik said...

Love the name and I'm sure your mom is excited to have it quilted.