Saturday, February 20, 2010

Quilts on Barns - #92 Purina Nine Patch

This one isn't a barn at all but the story behind it is too priceless not to share.  The "Block" is located at 418 West 10-1/2 Street in Monroe WI.

While on our tour, Sherry spotted barn quilts, Sue spotted barn quilts, I spotted barn quilts and Linda...Linda didn't spot any of them first until THIS one.  We're leaving the Director's Dream block and I'm turning the truck around and Linda shouts out, "I FOUND ONE!!  It's not even on our list!!!"  It happened to be the Purina Logo and I'll be placing this hilarious memory in my Barn Quilt.

IMG_4062

IMG_4063

Of course, being the friend that I am, I had to make her get out of the truck so I could take her picture with "Her Block."

Her nick name is now "9."








4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Love it! Too funny....but it is a 9 patch on a building! Hahahahaa!

Marilyn said...

Being a farm girl, I recognize that red and white block, too.

Cindy said...

Way to go Linda, I can't wait to make that one for my barn quilt. It's going to always make me giggle.

Moneik said...

What a funny story! I'm sure you'll always remember the block, even if it wasn't a registered "Quilt on Barns".