This farm has been part of the Voegeli family's history since 1854. The farm was purchased by Jost Voegeli, a Swiss immgrant, in 1854. There was already a barn on the land when it was purchased, but that was leveled and the Ralph Brothers from Monticello helped rebuiled a new barn because the first one was inconvenient. The current barn was built in 1918.
This barn has always been used as a dairy barn. Bryan and Jim Voegeli represent the 5th generation of Voegeli's to farm here.