Monday, February 1, 2010

Sunday was Fantastic!

Yesterday I met my friend Malisa and her son Nate for breakfast at McDonalds.  While Nate played we caught up.  We came to the conclusion that the last time we saw each other was probably when we were about 16 or 17.  It's just strange to think about how many years ago that was.  =(  But, sitting there chatting with her, it was as if only a few days had passed, not 16/17 years.  I'm so happy that she's back in my life!

Later when I was home, I just felt like I was walking on clouds.  I was in such a great mood and it translated into Cre8tive things.  I made 6 Sylvia's Bridal Sampler blocks.  Later on in the evening my Mom and Maggie came over.  Maggie made new noises...she actually sounded like a squeaky toy.  Her and Holly had a great time playing - it seems we have the perfect runway for a puppy to play fetch in the house.  Holly isn't a big fan of fetch so Maggie just ran and ran and ran.

A few weeks ago I bought the cutest Conversation Hearts fabric to make these two goofs Valentines Day Bandanas.  For Holly's I used a 13.5" Square and didn't use any interfacing this time.  For Maggie's I used a 10.5" Square.  Maggie's was a tad too big on her.

IMG_3847

IMG_3849

IMG_3848

Here's the link to my Holly Bandana pattern.

Does anyone have a Printer/Scanner combo that they LOVE?  We're in the market for a new one and at this point I don't even know where to start my search.  Our Printer/Scanner/Copier is over 4 years old and it prints horribly.  Something inside is messed up because even though there is ink and I've repeatedly clean the print heads, we just don't get color to print and black and white is spotty.  I've even been thinking about buying a low end black and white laser printer just to keep up in my studio for when I want to print out foundations (which will probably be daily for the next few years!!)

The only bummer of the day is that the 60mm rotary blade that I switched out the other night seems to have a dead spot on it.  Seriously?  Right out of the package?  It's just a bummer!  I'm going to switch it out right away because there's no sense in fighting with the darn thing.

3 comments:

Moneik said...

What a wonderful Sunday! I'm so glad you got to meet your friend and had such a fabulous time. The bandana's are such a fun idea. I should try one on missy sometime. We have an HP series printer/scanner/copier/fax and we love it. It takes 5 color cartridges, but that way we can replace the one we need and not the whole thing. It's also wireless, so I can print from whereever I'm at in the house and don't have to be hooked up to it.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Those bandana's are so cute! It's great that they get along so well now. That's cool that you got to meet up with an old friend. Sounds like you did have a great Sunday.

Cindy said...

Maggie just loves to wear bandanas. She showed it off at the bank today and got an extra milk bone for being so cute.