Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Block of the Week – Block #13 – Cornucopia – Racine County

Jen Buettner – Cre8tive Quilter

Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns - Block of the Week

Block #13 – Cornucopia – Racine County

clip_image002 clip_image004

Your block will finish to 6”. This means that it will physically measure 6-1/2” X 6-1/2” before it is sewn to other blocks.

Cutting Instructions & Piecing Locations for 6” Paper Pieced Block:

(2) 3-1/2” Squares – Black – A2, C4

(2) 2-1/4” Squares – Black, sub-cut clip_image006 into 4 pieces – B2, C2, D2, E2

(3) 2-1/4” Squares – Yellow, sub-cut clip_image007 into 6 pieces – F2, G2, H2, I2, J2, K2

(3) 2-1/4” Squares – Blue, sub-cut clip_image008 into 6 pieces – B1, C1, D1, E1, H1, I1

(4) 1-3/4” X 3” Rectangles – Blue – F1, G1, J1, K1

(2) 3-1/2” X 4” Rectangles – Blue – A1, A3

(3) 2-1/4” X 4-1/4” Rectangles – Red – C3, D3, H3

(3) 2-1/4” X 4-1/4” Rectangles – Green – C5, E3, I3

Click HERE to print a clean Cornucopia Instruction Sheet.
Click HERE to download and print the Cornucopia Foundation Pattern.

**You will want to Download the file and then print the .pdf file.  When you print, make sure that scaling is turned off enabling the document to print at 100%.  Take a moment to measure.  The Solid Line along the Bottom edge of section A should measure 6".  If you print directly from the Google Docs screen you might come out with a slightly smaller sized block.**

Don't forget to come back and post the link to your blocks so I can see them.  I LOVE to see them!!  Don't have a blog or don't have time to post?  Just email me a picture and I'll get it uploaded.  I’ve also set up a Flickr Group if you’re interested!

6 comments:

Moneik said...

This one reminds me of the blocks used in my great grandma's green quilt.

Betweens said...

Hi Jen.. you will not be cre8ting these in vain I have bought fabric for these blocks and will be starting them my pc is not working right now but once I have it going I will post your wonderful link...thanks for your cre8tivity.love love this excellent bom. I am a huge fan of barns with blocks..just found your blog

Lilla Marilla said...

This one was nice and a new one for me, I have never seen it before. Have to put them all on my design-wall now to see what they look like.

Judy said...

Jen,
I really liked this block, I had a little problem for a bit figuring out which pieces to put together first. But then it went really well. Thanks again for another great block!

Judy said...

Jen,
I thought I was doing something wrong actually. The problem I had was when I went to put it together. I ended up doing it as set-in-seams. I'm not sure if that was what was intended but it worked.I love this block, if it wasn't suppose to be inset seams please let me know.(I'd love to know another way) I'm not big on inset seams but they seem to get easier after each one.
Thank you again for all you do to get these to us. I really appreciate it. Judy My email is bjgifford5@live.com

Judy said...

Jen,
Thanks you for the picture. I totally get it now. I had put f&g and K&J together and then added them to the next section where I did the inset seam, then I put those to squares together for the top section. I actually think if you add the picture that you sent me if would be enough.
Judy