Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Block of the Week – Block #9 – Star Puzzle – Green County

Jen Buettner – Cre8tive Quilter

Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns - Block of the Week

Block #9 – Star Puzzle – Green County

clip_image002 clip_image004
Your block will finish to 6”. This means that it will physically measure 6-1/2” X 6-1/2” before it is sewn to other blocks.

Cutting Instructions & Piecing Locations for 6” Paper Pieced Block:


Cut the following pieces:
(1) 4-3/4” Square – Blue, sub-cut clip_image006 into 4 pieces - A4, B1, E1, F4
(2) 2-3/4” Squares – Blue, sub-cut clip_image008 into 4 pieces - A1, A7, F1, F7
(2) 2-3/4” Squares – Green, sub-cut clip_image009 into 4 pieces – A3, B2, E3, F5
(4) 2-3/4” Squares – Yellow, sub-cut clip_image009[1] into 8 pieces – A2, A6, C2, C3, D2, D4, F2, F6
(4) 2-3/4” Squares – Red, sub-cut clip_image009[2] into 8 pieces – A5, B3, C1, C4, D1, D3, E2, F3

Click HERE to print a clean Star Puzzle Instruction Sheet.
Click HERE to download and print the Star Puzzle Foundation Pattern.

**You will want to Download the file and then print the .pdf file.  When you print, make sure that scaling is turned off enabling the document to print at 100%.  Take a moment to measure.  The Solid Line along the side edge of section A should measure 6".  If you print directly from the Google Docs screen you might come out with a slightly smaller sized block.**


Don't forget to come back and post the link to your blocks so I can see them.  I LOVE to see them!!  Don't have a blog or don't have time to post?  Just email me a picture and I'll get it uploaded.  I’ve also set up a Flickr Group if you’re interested!

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Oh! I like this one! You're doing an amazing job on the barn blocks!

Cindy said...

This block was so much fun to do and I must admit I was stalking you last night late when you were on line waiting for you to post this weeks block so I could show mine.

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

I finished my Feb blocks and have them posted on my blog. Thanks
Hope you have a great day.
Regena

Moneik said...

This one looks great! You're doing an awesome job with the block of the week.