Tuesday, March 2, 2010

I'm the worlds slowest

person at hand binding and I have the attention span of a flea.  I'm still plodding along on the binding of Beth's quilt  I have maybe 4 feet to go.

After about 6 years of having these quilt labels and tediously turning the ends under when I hand sew them down, I finally realized that it would work awesome to just sew those raw edges right into the binding on one of the corners and then sew the rest of it down.  OMG, so much easier and in my opinion, looks much more artsy.


I'd really like to have some made sometime soon with Cre8tive Quilter & my name. I originally had mine made by It's Mine USA! and I've been very happy with them.  I'll order from them again when it's time.

I picked out a few neutral marbles today...I have quite a few barn blocks that I've been putting off because I don't own the colors of fabric that are in them.  Well, no more excuses because now I have a nice array of them to work from.




3 comments:

Suzan said...

Jen - I hate binding so much that I have two quilts that are completely finished with the exception of the binding. One is 3 years old and the other is 2. It isn't that I can't bind, I just hate doing it!

zarina said...

Jen - that is a neat way to put labels.

For me, I have two lap size quilts and a table center to hand bind. Just waiting to attach to one lap top and iron the binding before doing the actual hand sewing.

Moneik said...

You're sew funny! I never thought I'd like hand binding, but I've actually gotten into it quite a bit. I've done three tablerunner bindings at work this week and one watching tv on Mon. night. Feels so good to get them done. I love your labels and what a great way to put them on your quilt.