Monday, March 22, 2010

Migraines...

Every time I think I've got them figured out they prove me wrong.  For the last two days I've been plagued.  Yesterday it was more that my face hurt.  I was beginning to wonder if it was sinus related.  My right jaw/cheek and up into my temple was so tight and tender.  I ended up sleeping my face turned onto a heating pad.  However, that didn't prove to be too bright because I think I burned my cheek a bit.  It's pretty pink and tender today - but the muscles are no longer tight.  Today my head felt like it was going to explode and I was rather light sensitive.  All I wanted to do was lay on the couch and listen to TV but Nooooooo our AT&T U-verse died...again.  U-verse is now dead to Mike.  I think we're headed back to Time Warner.  Sigh.  It never ends.

In the mean time I've put the borders on the Twin's baby quilts.  I even mitered the corners.  The miters turned out great, they're just not perfectly lined up because that's the nature of trying to cut border prints to be equal.  That's ok, I'm happy with them.  Now I just need to get them quilted and bound.  Hopefully sometime this week.

IMG_4479

IMG_4480

I was able to sew and cut all of the remaining 7 blocks worth of  HST's for the Buck A Block BOM that I pulled out to work on.  Paper is torn off.  Hopefully I can assemble the blocks yet this week too.




8 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Sorry about the headaches, Jen! Hope you feel much better soon. The quilts are adorable! I can't believe retreat is down to a month away. Wooohooo!

JJO said...

My sympathies on the migraine. I, too, suffered from them caused by barometric pressure shifts (like when a weather front comes through) Recently I was put on an anti-inflamatory for a bad knee (like Motrin) and I haven't had one since. You might want to give Motrin or Aleve or something in that category. Migraines would ruin my day.

Rhonda said...

Jen, could the migraine have to do with your blood pressure? The reason I mentioned it is I had migraines for 10 years, took over-the-counter meds & believe me I could take 8 to 10 at a time with no let up on the pressure...but finally I went to the doctor for an extensive exam & sure enough, it was my blood pressure....the moment I started taking blood pressure meds, the migraines STOPPED...EeeeeK! All that suffering....
Something to think about.
Take care.

thatchristine.blogspot.com said...

Jen, Have you read Jenny Beyers hints on doing borders with border prints? She uses a lot of them and has a pretty cool method to make them work. I can't remember which book but if you check out her website it might give you some ideas. Wouldn't hurt to have the blood pressure checked out.

Freeblady said...

I feel your pain on migraines. Over the last couple years I've determined that my migraines are weather related, monthly related, and caffeine related. That no caffeine one really stinks because I've stopped eating chocolate too. :( But it's really made a difference in the way I feel. I hope you can determine what's causing them. Journaling what you have had to eat, drink, and any other events might be able help you narrow it down. One of my coworkers gets migraines from preservatives. Uck!

Julie-Ann said...

Hi Jen -

Sorry to hear about the migraines. They are no fun. I love the baby quilts. Lucky babies!

Vicki W said...

Have you tried a prescription medicine like Imitrex? I put off taking prescription meds for a long time but final gave in. That Imitrex worked wonders for me. It would knock out the migraine (or even really bad sinus headaches) within a couple of hours.

Migraines are incredibly exhausting and I hope you are relieved of them soon!

Karen S said...

Aren't migraines awful? I have found that I get them at the same time as some of my friends which leads me to believe that there is an environmental factor -- like barometric pressure. Vicki's suggestion is a good one -- Imitrex is magical, but you still lose a day. Hope you feel better soon.