Monday, March 1, 2010

New Blocks!

I spent the day today with my Mom along with our beasts Holly & Maggie.  What a hoot, I've got Maggie jumping over the back of the couch.  Tee Hee.

I wrote up a few more Barn Block patterns today, cut a few for myself and some for my mom.  When she got to work on her Bear Paw (http://snippysewssometimes.blogspot.com/2010/03/wisconsin-barn-blocks-bears-paw.html) I got to work on making my blocks.

By the way, you simply have to visit her blog and see her block.  I'm SOOOOO proud of her!  Her block turned out great and after cramming 109 pieces into a 6" block I think she could take on any paper piecing project.  =)

I made a new Tree of Life - correct this time.

IMG_4223

I also made a new Italian Tile.  I wanted to give it a shot with Y-Seams and it turned out AWESOME!!

IMG_4224

I made up Linda's Purina 9 Patch.  I think it looks adorable with the red and white border.  

IMG_4227

The Star Tile was a fun one to make.

IMG_4226

Last but not least, the Director's Dream.  I simply LOVE this block and it's color combination.

IMG_4228

Although, I just noticed that bottom point is missing.  I may have to throw this one on the list to re-make.  I know I can do it better.



5 comments:

Cindy said...

They all look wonderful and yes we did have a great day. Here's to many more. Now on to my next challenging block.

Moneik said...

Your blocks look awesome! You've accomplished so much with this project and I'm sure your mom enjoyed the time you spent together. Mother/Daughter time is the best, especially when you're quilting together.

Shogun said...

I love that director's block and the colors!

piecesofpatti said...

The blocks look great! My favorite is the Tree of Life.

ferne said...

I found your blog through your Mother's blog and I love this quilt barn idea. You are sure doing a lot of research. Isn't it funny the things you notice after you take a pic of your project and actually post it. I just did a Schnibbles quilt and posted it then saw that I had some of the blocks backwards. I got out the seam ripper and fixed it, of course.

Your blocks all look great by the way and I think I will join in although I am late on the barn blocks they just look too fun!