Monday, March 8, 2010

Random Project Day

Holly and I spent the afternoon with my mom. My first project was to make St. Patties Day bandanas for the girls.

IMG_4263

Making the bandana’s was easy.  Trying to capture pictures of them wearing them…not so easy.

Next I made a draw string bag for my friend Ruth’s little boy.  She’s making him an ABC game.

 IMG_4273IMG_4274

Started working on my 6 blocks for the Rotating Snowball Quilt-Along.

photo2

Once I was home I cut out the second baby quilt for the twins.  I got stuck when I realized I was short 2 green border strips.  I’m pretty sure it got mixed in with my barn quilt fabric.  If that’s the case, I might just be better off buying a new green for the borders.  I don’t even remember which one I worked on…they’re so similar!

IMG_4280 IMG_4278

I got the border print cut out too.  Hopefully I can get the borders on tomorrow night. 
All in all, it was a good day…except for this:

photo

Ok, so the picture looks scary for a few reasons.  The sun was shining in through the open blinds.  Maggie who is 4 months kept trying to lick inside Holly’s mouth…ALL DAY LONG.  Holly who is 10, finally had enough.  If only I had the sound to go with this picture you’d all laugh.  Teeth bared but out of her came this crazy high pitched, funny Chewbaca sound.  We laughed so hard.  I keep just looking at this picture and laughing at it.

2 comments:

Moneik said...

Looks like you had a fun day of sewing. I'm sure the dogs enjoyed playing together. Your twin quilts are coming along great. I need to do my snowball blocks for this month too, but I was busy working on pink 9 patches.

Sue said...

that is good that you had a good day of sewing.:) I am home with a sick child:( and trying to get him to sleep so that I can get something done in the house here:). the picture is scary, you are sooo right about that, those teeth:).
sue