Saturday, April 10, 2010

The Aloha Quilt

Today was the Jennifer Chiaverini Book signing at Boswell Books.  I had never been to Boswell, but I know I'll be making return trips.  It's such a nice comfy book store.  I picked up The Quilter's Holiday and The Aloha Quilt.  I'm already done reading The Quilter's Holiday!!

Jennifer's sense of humor is hilarious, I look forward to going to future book signings.



We took along Printed Treasures and I was able to have Jennifer sign it.  I can't wait to put her autograph in my Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt!

In the morning Mom and I ran through the Mukwonago Quilt Show before I went to work.  We were there just long enough to check out my quilts.  I won two honorable mentions which I'm beyond thrilled about.  I'll blog more about the show, we're headed back to spend some time there on Sunday.



3 comments:

piecemealquilts said...

I just got back from the Mukwonago Quilt Show, where I completely forgot to look for your quilts. Gah! So I scrolled down through your posts to see if I recognized the ones you entered, and yep! I photographed (and oohed and aahed over) a couple of them. Great work!

Julie-Ann said...

I read The Aloha Quilt over Easter break and enjoyed it very much (as I do all of her books). Jennifer's books are what started me quilting! I hope there are more to come.

Congrats on the Honorable Mentions! You are so inspiring!

Moneik said...

You're so luck to have met Jennifer. I'm reading Aloha right now, but realized I don't think I have Quilters Holiday. That's next on my list.