Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Block of the Week – Block #14 – Crossed Canoes – Green County

Jen Buettner – Cre8tive Quilter

Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns - Block of the Week

Block #14 – Crossed Canoes – Green County

clip_image002 clip_image004
Your block will finish to 6”. This means that it will physically measure 6-1/2” X 6-1/2” before it is sewn to other blocks.

Cutting Instructions & Piecing Locations for 6” Paper Pieced Block:


(4) 2-3/4” X 4-1/4” Rectangles – Medium Brown A – A1, H1, D1, E1

(4) 1-3/4” X 2-1/2” Rectangles – Medium Brown B – A4, D4, E4, H4

(4) 1-1/2” X 4-1/2” Rectangles – Medium Brown B – B3, C3, F3, G3

(4) 2-3/4” X 4-1/4” Rectangles – Dark Brown A - B1, C1, F1, G1

(4) 1-3/4” X 2-1/2” Rectangles - Dark Brown B – B4, C4, F4, G4

(4) 1-1/2” X 4-1/2” Rectangles – Dark Brown B – A3, D3, E3, H3

(4) 2-3/4” X 1-1/4” Rectangles – Light Yellow – B2, D2, F2, H2

(4) 2-3/4” X 1-1/4” Rectangles – White – A2, C2, E2, G2

Click HERE to print a clean Crossed Canoes Instruction Sheet.
Click HERE to download and print the Crossed Canoes Foundation Pattern.

**You will want to Download the file and then print the .pdf file.  When you print, make sure that scaling is turned off enabling the document to print at 100%.  Take a moment to measure.  The Solid Line along the bottom edge of section A should measure 3".  If you print directly from the Google Docs screen you might come out with a slightly smaller sized block.**


Don't forget to come back and post the link to your blocks so I can see them.  I LOVE to see them!!  Don't have a blog or don't have time to post?  Just email me a picture and I'll get it uploaded.  I’ve also set up a Flickr Group if you’re interested!


4 comments:

Barb said...

This block is awesome!!

Regena@QuiltnQuiltthings said...

Jen I have my March blocks done the post will show up on 4-12
Thanks
Regena

Judy said...

Jen,

I really like this block! Thanks for doing these blocks of the week.

When I went to list mine as done I messed up and ended up doing #3 and #4. The #3 one is not a good one though #4 is. Sorry about that.
Thanks again, Judy

fiberdoodles said...

I love this block!