Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Block of the Week – Block #15 – Purina Nine Patch – Green County

Jen Buettner – Cre8tive Quilter

Wisconsin Quilt Blocks on Barns - Block of the Week

Block #15 – Purina Nine Patch Green County

Your block will finish to 6”.  This means that it will physically measure 6-1/2” X 6-1/2” before it is sewn to other blocks.

Cutting Instructions & Piecing Locations for 6” Paper Pieced/Pieced Block:


(4) 2-1/2” Squares – White – A1, B1, C1, C3

(2) 1-1/4” X 6” Rectangles – White – A4, B4

(2) ¾” X  5-1/2” Rectangles – White – Pieced

(2) ¾” X 6” Rectangles – White – Pieced

(2) ¾” X 6-1/2” Rectangles – White – Pieced

(5) 2-1/2” Squares – Red – A2, A3, B2, B3, C2

(2) ¾” X 5-1/2” Rectangles – Red – Pieced

(2) ¾” X 6” Rectangles – Red – Pieced

Click HERE to print a clean Purina Nine Patch Instruction Sheet.
Click HERE to download and print the Purina Nine Patch Foundation Pattern.

**You will want to Download the file and then print the .pdf file. When you print, make sure that scaling is turned off enabling the document to print at 100%. Take a moment to measure. The Solid Line along the side edge of section A should measure 4-1/2". If you print directly from the Google Docs screen you might come out with a slightly smaller sized block.**


Don't forget to come back and post the link to your blocks so I can see them.  I LOVE to see them!!  Don't have a blog or don't have time to post?  Just email me a picture and I'll get it uploaded.  I’ve also set up a Flickr Group if you’re interested!


4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Hehehehe...I giggle every time I see this block! It's so special!

Cindy said...

It makes me laugh. I like to think of it as Linda's Block.

~Kim~ said...

I loved this block, and the story behind it.. he he

Marilyn said...

I can make this! ;D But the bigger question is still WHEN? I found more barn quilts to post about and one had this nine-patch in the corners. Yes, red and white and will post it soon! You amaze me with all that you get accomplished. Please send me the motivation ASAP! ♥♫