Thursday, April 15, 2010

Crazy Quilter’s Quilt Show

Category 03 – Long Arm Machine Quilted


I entered my Ocean Waves Quilt into this category.  My Ocean Waves Quilt is very special to me because it’s the first quilt that I designed in Electric Quilt.  I also spent quite a long time collecting just the right blue fabrics. 
I won an HONORABLE MENTION!!  I’m so excited  to get an Honorable Mention in this category.  Especially since Juleen Jaeger took first and Diane Minkley took third. 

Anyway, here’s how my Judges slip read:

Best features of this quilt are:
  • Interplay of graphic piecing design with swirling quilting design.
  • Variety of shades of colors
  • Quilting Stitch
  • Binding
  • Piecing Technique
Areas that need improvement are:
Yep, that’s right…NOTHING was listed!!!  WOOT!!!  I think THIS is what I’m most proud of!!

Here are the winning Quilts  from Category 3

First Place – Juleen Jaeger – Thistle Pod

Second Place – Christine Motl – Old Glory

Third Place – Diane Minkley - “Hearts all aflutter”



12 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yay for YOU! I'm so proud of you for entering your quilts! Your Ocean Waves is beautiful!

Karen said...

Your Ocean Waves in the blue & white is oh so well done. I find blue & white quilts very soothing to look at. Yours looks like it was pieced well. And good judges comments.

The Thistle quilt is a good one, too.

SoozeM said...

I love your Ocean Waves quilt, there is just something about blue and white that really does it for me! And well done on getting all positives on your score sheet!!

vtquilter said...

Congrats! I just love your ocean waves quilt. Just had to write a quick note to say you were mentioned in our guild newsletter for your barn quilts! The link is here. http://www.vtmooses.us/FCQGNews/fcqgnews0410.pdf

P. said...

Awesome! I love that quilt. It has a lot of visual interest yet it's very soothing. Great job!

piecemealquilts said...

I spent a little time in front of your Ocean Waves quilt at the show, oohing and aahing. In fact, of the four you listed, I only photographed first place and yours. So in MY eyes, you placed in the top TWO. Great job!

Suzan said...

Congratulations!! I love that quilt!

Barb said...

Those are amazing quilts..totally amazing...

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations Jen! I would have given yours first place!

ferne said...

Congratulations! You were up against some stiff competition. Be proud and go for the gold!

Michelle said...

I meant to write earlier to say congratulations on entering your quilts and winning some recognition! How exciting!!

Moneik said...

Congrats on your honorable mention! It looks awesome and I'm so proud of you.