Thursday, April 8, 2010

Laugh, Cry, Scream...

I can laugh about it now, but earlier I quilted a quilt that was so difficult to quilt that since my Mom was waiting for it so that she could take it home and bind it, I took it off the frame and told her to get it the hell out of my house before I took a rotary cutter to it.

114 thread breaks and I have no idea why.  As Christine said, it's more of a tied quilt at this point.  THAT made me laugh.

I was so irritated that I almost threw in the towel didn't complete sewing on my hanging sleeves for the Crazy Quilter's Quilt Show this weekend.

I should have taken it off the frame like my mom suggested when I couldn't even get the first row of stitching to work across the top of the quilt.  I should have called it a day right then and there.  It's funny because the last 3 quilts I've quilted had no problems at all.



1 comment:

Moneik said...

Sometimes there's a reason a quilt doesn't want to be quilted and in this case we know why you had trouble. It's too bad some people are so unappreciative.